The contest consists of 10 MCQs(Multiple Choice Questions) and 2 programming questions.
MCQs will be comprised of different topics including D.S, Algo, C++, and aptitude.
There is no negative marking for MCQs.
There will be four options for each MCQs out of which only one is correct.
Response for MCQs will be recorded only if you submit your response for each question before moving onto the next question.
Try to submit the response for all MCQs before contest ends, as response will not be recorded without submitting your response.
Summary of MCQs will be accessible after contest ends automatically.
Please submit response to a MCQ once you are sure, as you cannot change it once submitted.
There will be two programming questions of varying difficulty level arranged sequentially.
You should choose a language of your choice from the given list before you attempt any programming question.
- Any type of plagiarism will not be entertained. In case, anyone is found guilty, the score of the concerned participants will be dropped to 0.
- Maximum marks for each problem vary with difficulty level starting from easy with maximum marks of 20, and medium with 30. There is 10% penalty (on maximum marks) for each wrong submission. For example, if a problem is of 100 marks and a participant makes a wrong submission, the new maximum marks for that participant are reduced to 90. After next wrong submission of the same problem, the new maximum marks are further reduced to 81 and so on. So, it is suggested to use 'Compile & Test' against sample test cases. option before each submission.
- Languages supported for the contest are: C, C++, Java, Python, C#
Note: Make sure other participants don't have access to your code. In case you are using any other online coding environment, you are responsible for the privacy of your code.
Scholarships will be awarded to the participants based on their GCET rank, as mentioned below :
Enrollment for the classes is entirely based on the rank secured in the contest.
An extensive classroom programme by GeeksforGeeks to build and enhance Data Structures and Algorithm concepts, mentored by
Mr. Sandeep Jain (Founder & CEO, GeeksforGeeks).
Course Details :
- Duration : 2 months (Weekends)
- Date of Commencement : August 4, 2018
- Timings : 3. 5 hrs/day
- Topics to be covered :
- Data Structures (Arrays, Linked lists, Stacks, Trees, Graphs etc.)
- Algorithms (Searching, Sorting, Divide and Conquer, Greedy, etc.)
- Venue : TAI Infotech Pvt. Ltd. , H-159, Sector 63, Noida
- Course Fee : ₹ 10,000 (Inclusive of tax).
Rewards and Benefits:
- Certificate after successful completion of the course.
- Weekly Assessment Test with proper feedback.
- Goodies to the Periodic Test Toppers.
- Internship Opportunities at GeeksforGeeks
- Periodic Doubt Classes
Know more about Geeks Classes
- What will be the duration of the contest ?
The contest will be of 1 hour, consisting of two questions of varying difficulty levels and 10 MCQs.
- Is there any sample challenge for GCET ?
Yes, You can practice sample challenge of GCET, Sample Geeks Challenge. It is advised to attempt the Sample Geeks challenge to get familiar with the GeeksforGeeks coding environment .