Kaplan is a premier provider of educational services for individuals, schools, and businesses worldwide. Kaplan is a pioneer in the for-profit education industry, with a brand name that is synonymous with quality, innovation and integrity. Kaplan offers a wide range of products and services for learners of all ages - from kindergarten students mastering basic skills to professionals looking for career advancement.
Software Engineer is responsible for software development as a member of a cross-functional delivery team. He or she works closely with product owners, business analysts, quality analysts, and other teams to design, develop, and test software solutions.
She or he will maintain the current system built using the latest technologies, including React and GraphQL, which integrates with a number of REST services. This is a full-stack web development position.
- Designs, codes, debugs, optimizes, and releases both frontend and backend components as well as internal tools.
- Performs code reviews of pull requests.
- Works closely with QA analysts for feature and regression testing.
- Writes and maintains unit, integration, and acceptance tests.
- Drives continuous improvement of best practices within the development team.
- Identifies and recommends where increased automation, performance enhancements, application enhancements, and quality enhancements may be incorporated.
- Remains flexible and responsive to changing priorities and multiple, concurrent responsibilities.
- Keeps current with emerging technologies and technological developments within the industry.
Experience and Skills:
- Bachelors or 2 – 5 years of professional experience
- Unit, integration & acceptance testing
- Git (or similar version control system)
- Experience or interest in learning:
- Single-page application development with React
- Functional programming design experience
- REST web services / microservice architecture / API Integration
- Continuous integration & continuous delivery
Note: Notice period 30 to 45 days, upto 30 days preferred