The mission of Vocera [NYSE:VCRA] is to simplify and improve the lives of healthcare professionals and patients, while enabling hospitals to enhance quality of care and operational efficiency.
In 2000, when the company was founded, we began to forever change the way care teams communicate. Today, more than 1,850 facilities worldwide, including nearly 1,600 hospitals and healthcare facilities, have selected our clinical communication and workflow solutions. Care team members use our solutions to make calls and securely text. They can choose the right device for the role, including smartphones or our hands-free, wearable Vocera Smartbadge and Vocera Badge.
Interoperability between our platform and more than 140 clinical systems helps reduce alarm fatigue; speed up staff response times; and improve patient care, safety, and experience.
In addition to healthcare, Vocera is at home in luxury hotels, nuclear facilities, schools, libraries, retail stores, and more. Vocera makes a difference in any industry where workers are on the move and need to connect instantly with team members and access resources or information quickly.
Position Description: Vocera is looking for a hardworking, hands-on Software Engineer, Voice to join our dynamic and growing organization. You will be responsible for the design and implementation of the Vocera Voice Server application stack. This position reports to the Manager, Voice and Infrastructure.
- Design and develop highly scalable low latency applications for our mission critical Vocera voice server solution to deliver high availability and high performance software
- Contribute in all phases of lifecycle development including analysis, design, coding, testing and implementation, writing well designed, testable and efficient code
- You will design and develop innovative solutions to fulfill project requirements and deliver features within project timelines
- Collaborate with the product lane development teams and other teams to ensure features are effective
- Document your designs and product capabilities as needed
- Research customer issues, determine appropriate resolutions, and report findings back to the team
- Excellent knowledge of Java programming language, object oriented analysis and design patterns, and understanding of multithreading concepts
- Understanding of networking and web server technology a plus
- Experience implementing automated testing platform and unit tests
- Strong debugging skills
- Proficient understanding of versioning tools such as Git and/or Perforce and build tools such as Gradle, Maven or Ant
- Familiar with Continuous Integration
- Proactive, self-starter, able to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Well organized with strong attention to detail; proactively ensures work is accurate
- Desire to make an impact in our platform application development team through work on our voice server side application stack
- Positive attitude and work ethic; unafraid to ask questions and explore new ideas and technologies
- Resourceful and able to solve complex problems through practical use of technology and a deep understanding of product architecture
- Good analytical, verbal, and written communication skills with the ability to work within a diverse team
- BS in Computer Science or related discipline, or equivalent
- 5+ years of development experience
- Understanding and experience with IP telephony communications standards, RTP, SIP, STUN, TURN
- Experience developing and understanding of enterprise SaaS and microservices architectures
- Consistent track record of delivering high quality technical results within committed time parameters
- Proficiency with Java, databases, Linux, and Windows
- Familiarity with SCM, code review processes, Agile development methodologies
- No travel required